Korean beauty and skin care had been a well kept secret up until recently where it has really caught the fancy of the world and everyone’s suddenly talking about it. Let’s put a little light into what a Korean skin care routine is which really is the spotlight of Korean products. Their unique ingredients and strange recipes really is what the world never knew about but are slowly getting aware of them. So a Korean skincare routine consists of these very very important dos consisting of 10 steps. Let us shed some light into it.
Content Courtesy: Amazon India
1.Oil based cleanser: Use an oil based cleanser to remove all oil based makeup and impurities from the skin.
2.Water based cleanser: It is basically double cleansing to whisk away impurities.
3. Toner: Toner balances the skin’s pH levels and helps to absorb the next products you apply.
4. Essence: Essence is a hybrid between a toner and a serum. It works perfectly to hydrate the complexion, giving you a younger looking skin.
5. Ampoule: Just like serums, ampoules are made of even higher number of active ingredients to target specific skincare concerns.
6. Serums: Serums are concentrated formulas that target specific skin concerns like wrinkles, dark spots and dehydration.
7. Eye Cream: The skin near the eye is at its thinnest as there are no sebaceous glands to produce natural oils, so it’s important to keep this area hydrated.
8. Sheet Mask: Masks are a Korean beauty favourite. They are a twice-a-week ritual, or more if your face is very dry.
9. Moisturiser: Apply a light moisturiser across the skin for long-lasting all day hydration.
10. Suncreen: Protecting the skin on a daily basis from UV rays will avoid the development of dark spots, wrinkles and fine lines.